We ensure the process is seamless
What to do in the event of an accident
Mobile Claim Service
Just call 888-225-5522 or 876-878-2886 and one of our 24-hour Mobile Officers will come and take care of your needs. Before you do so, make sure you have the following details:
- Policy Number
- Registration Number
- Vehicle Description
- Date of Accident
- Location of Accident
This Information must be completed in all respects and submitted within thirty (30) days of occurrence.
Comprehensive Insurance Claims Process
As a benefit under your comprehensive policy, you may be entitled to receive a payment for alternative transportation (Loss of Use) once the Assessor’s Report indicates that your vehicle will be out of use.
Below are the steps involved in the claims process:
Estimate of Repair/Assessment of Damage:
- You are required to submit an Estimate of Repairs as soon as possible to the Jamaica Automobile Association (JAA), our Mobile Claims Service Provider, unless your vehicle is stolen or recovered.
- Once the cost of your repairs falls above your policy Excess (the amount you will have to stand), the JAA will appoint an Assessor who will have up to 48 hours to submit the Assessor’s Report.
NB: If you wish to pursue a claim against another party and the cost of your repairs fall below your Excess, you will be responsible for obtaining and paying for your Assessor’s Report. You can contact us should you require assistance in pursuing this claim.
Settlement of Claim:
Please note that JNGI has the final decision on how your claim will be settled
- Upon receipt of the Assessor’s Report, JNGI will authorize your Garage to start repairs to your vehicle.
- We may offer you cash-in-lieu depending on certain circumstances e.g. unavailability of parts.
- A JNGI representative will contact you to discuss your claim settlement if your vehicle is stolen, considered to be a Total Loss or an investigation is required. As a rule, an investigation is required for fire, single vehicle accidents and theft cases.
NB: Kindly note that the steps may vary dependent on the type of policy you have.
Third Party Insurance Claims Process
Estimate of Repairs and Assessment of Damages:
You will be required to submit an Estimate of Repairs and Assessor’s Report to the Jamaica Automobile Association (JAA), our Mobile Claims Service Provider. You are responsible for paying any cost associated with obtaining these reports.
Settlement of Claim:
Upon receipt of all documents along with proof of any loss(es) incurred e.g. loss of use, wrecker fee etc. from the accident, we will assist you with recovering your money from the third party