disasters and other perils.
HomeShield - Contents cover only
SCOPE OF COVER: Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Thunderbolt, Subterranean Fire, Hurricane, Cyclone, Tornado, Windstorm, Flood, Earthquake, Volcanic Eruption, Riot, Strike, Civil commotion, Labour Disturbance, malicious damage, aircraft damage (including things falling therefrom), impact damage, escape of Water or Oil from Domestic Appliances, bursting of pipes and the overflow of water tanks and other apparatus, burglary, housebreaking, theft or larceny and public & employer’s liability.
Subject to the terms, limits and conditions of JNGI’s standard Homeowners Policy.
Steps to insure your contents
Proposal form to be completed
List of contents to be submitted along with values
VALUABLES AND ALL RISKS
3A. SPECIFIED ITEMS:
The main contents cover will only pay claims up to 5% of the Contents Sum Insured for any one item (see policy for a description of such items) unless it is specified in the policy. Therefore, every item over 5% of Contents S.I. must be separately specified if full cover is required. However, the Sum Insured for such items must also be included in the Content Sum Insured.
Note: Specified Contents should not exceed 1/3 of the total contents value.
3B. ALL RISKS:
Every item for which the insured chooses Accidental Damage cover must be individually listed under the All Risks section.
- Sums Insured under All-Risks items must not be included in the Contents Sum Insured,
- Valuations or purchase receipts are required for all items over $50,000.00.
- Higher excesses apply for portable items (see policy cover summary).
General Contents Value - .70%
All Risk Items - Laptops @ 2.5%, Other Electronics @ 1.5% and Others @ 1% (Jamaica only)
Laptops @ 4%, Other Electronics @ 3% and Others @ 2.5% (worldwide cover)
$10,000 per annum + GCT+ s/duty
1. DEDUCTIBLE (see policy for complete wording)
a) Hurricane, windstorm, cyclone, tornado, earthquake volcanic eruption and flood following,
Including overflow of the sea - 2% of the Sum Insured per item of the Schedule.
c) All other Perils - $10,000.00
d) Fire & Lightning – Nil
2. Subsidence and/or Heave of Site and/or Landslide
A sum equivalent to 3% of the Sum Insured on the Item concerned, subject to a minimum Excess of $ 5,000
4. All other claims under Additional Insurance D - CONTENTS TEMPORARILY REMOVED of Section 2 - Contents
5. All other claims under Additional Insurance H - REFRIGERATOR AND FREEZER CONTENTS of Section 2 - Contents
6. All other claims in respect of Items insured under Section 3 - ALL RISKS
A sum equivalent to 3% of the amount of loss, subject to a minimum excess of $1,000.00
7. All other claims (other than arising from the INSURED PERILS of Fire and Lightning)
A sum equivalent to 1% of the amount of loss, subject to a minimum excess of $10,000.00 and a maximum excess of $100,000.00
- THIS IS ONLY A SYNOPSIS OF THE INSURANCE COVER. COVERAGE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIOINS OF THE POLICY; A SPECIMEN OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
- * These items i.e. removal of debris and cost of temporary accommodation are included in the sum insured on contents.
- Proposers with an adverse claims experience may be subject to special underwriting terms including increased deductibles/excess.
- Contents located in waterfront buildings (i.e. within 300 M from the waterline), may be subject to special underwriting terms including increased deductibles/excesses.
- JNGI reserves the right to decline any proposal.